It's recipe time again! This time it comes not from a magazine or the interwebs - it comes from my Mom! My Mom is a baker - always has been, always will be. She makes a meatloaf so awful that a stray cat wouldn't even eat it (seriously - one of my favorite childhood memories). But my Mom - well she can bake her little a** off! (She's very tiny - 5'1".)
Then spread your batter on top of the fruit - make sure it covers all of the fruit.
I have only used peaches - but I'm sure you could use berries, etc...
Mom's Peach Cobbler
4 cups fruit - sliced (frozen, fresh, canned - whatever)
3/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup butter
1/8 tsp salt
1 cup flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup sugar
1 T cornstarch
1/4 cup boiling water
* Arrange sliced fruit in baking dish sprayed with cooking spray
* Cream 3/4 cup sugar with 1/2 cup butter
* Add salt, flour, baking powder and milk to make a batter
* Spread the batter over fruit
* In a separate bowl, mix 1/2 cup sugar, cornstarch & pinch of salt
* Sprinkle evenly over batter
* Pour 1/4 cup boiling water over ALL of sugar - be sure to cover every grain of sugar! This is where the magic happens!
* Bake at 375 for 45 minutes