And there you have it - dinner is served with a tall glass of milk! It was really a great dinner and made a TON. I put a half of it in the freezer to take out and enjoy in a couple of weeks. Good stuff! Enjoy!
Sausage and Bean Ragù on Quinoa Macaroni
- YIELD: 8 servings (serving size: 1 1/2 cups pasta and 1 tablespoon cheese)
- 1 (16-ounce) package quinoa macaroni
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup finely chopped onion (about 1 medium)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 pound bulk turkey Italian sausage
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1/2 cup fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon fennel seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 (16-ounce) cans cannellini beans or other white beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 (14.5-ounce) cans diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) shaved Romano cheese
Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and garlic; sauté 3 minutes. Add sausage; cook until browned, stirring to crumble. Stir in wine, scraping pan to loosen browned bits. Add broth and next 4 ingredients (through tomatoes); bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer 15 minutes.
- Add pasta, stirring well. Top evenly with cheese. Serve immediately.