I've been all about reading lots of other blogs as of late...I'm always looking for recipes that are easy - especially slow-cooker ones. Last week for dinner I made a whole chicken in a crock pot from Colie's Kitchen as well as the Macaroni & Cheese for Two that I found on SteakNPotatoesKindaGurl right here in Cincinnati.
Whole Chicken in A Crock Pot - Fantastic! I have a feeling I'll be making this a couple of times a month. It was so simple and affordable! The nice thing also is the spices can really change depending on what you like or what's in your cupboard!
Mac & Cheese for Two - This one didn't fare so well. It was creamy and cheesy but I just didn't like the sour cream taste. It was very pungent (and I love sour cream). I won't be making this one again - it was very easy though. If you love sour cream - you might try it.
And thanks so much to Colie & Desi for blogging about these recipes. Next time you want to make dinner - go to Google and search just the blogs - I'm sure you'll find something really great! Here's a start for you to check out - I looked up crock pot!
Here are the recipes:
Chicken in a Crock Pot
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 large roasting chicken
- 1 cup chopped onion
- In a small bowl, combine the spices.
- Remove any giblets from chicken and clean chicken.
- Rub spice mixture onto the chicken.
- Place chopped onion in bottom of crock pot.
- Add chicken. No liquid is needed, the chicken will make it's own juices.
- Cook on low 4-8 hours.
Macaroni 'n' Cheese for Twoslightly adapted from Taste of Home's Down Home Cooking for One or Two
* Yields: 2 servings
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 1/4 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 3/4 cup elbow macaroni, cooked and drained
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- dash of paprika