I got a bit over a pound at Meijer and was a bit shocked that the guy at the seafood counter had NEVER HAD SALMON! He asked me if it was good (no - I'm just spending $10 on something crappy) and I said YES YES YES - go home tonight and make some!
I decided to take my own advice and made mine. I was looking for a recipe that I could bake and that was EASY.
I did use balsamic vinegar instead of cider vinegar because that's what was in the cupboard and I think I liked it better!!!!
I LOVED this recipe - it was tart (from the vinegar), lemony (from the lemon - duh) and buttery (from - you guessed it - the butter!).
This recipe is definitely going to be saved and made again and again in our house!
Baked Seasoned Salmon Ingredients
- 1 lb salmon fillets
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley (optional)
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Arrange filets in a shallow baking dish.
- Mix together the remaining ingredients, & pour half of this mixture over the fish.
- Bake 20 minutes, basting with the remaining sauce.
- When done, sprinkle with paprika & chopped parsley, if desired.