We've gone to most of the places within earshot of our house but there was one we hadn't made it to yet - BFC! It's in a little (ghetto-ish) strip mall with a Rent-to-Own place and a cell phone/clothing store...but we were optimistic...and hungry.
It took us quite a few drive-bys to figure out what BFC stood for...but now we know.
They do "drop it fresh" - everything is made to order and done right when you ask for it. We actually stopped in and ordered take-out - so it took about 15 minutes for our food to be ready.
- Chicken - both of us liked our chicken. It's VERY crispy and not at all greasy. The chicken was a little dry - but for the lack of grease - we were really happy.
- Fish - we both got cod and it was tasty. Since it was so fresh - it was really hot - and just as crispy as the chicken. The breading doesn't have a lot of flavor - but at least it's not really peppery (hate that).
- Fries - these were good - not too crispy, not too soggy
- Coleslaw - this might have been my favorite part. I'm a big fan of the original KFC slaw - this actually tasted similar but not quite as creamy - which I liked. I ate mine and then the next day I ate Larry's with our leftover chicken. I'm not a huge fan of coleslaw - but when it's good - I love it.
- Bread - they put like 4 pieces of bread in. I have no idea why. It gets hard under the chicken (maybe it absorbs whatever grease was there?). It's odd to me and neither of us ate it.
- Seasoning! They shake a lemon/herb seasoning on top (if you don't want it - just let them know) of everything - I loved it! That little twang of lemon made it all better!
Why Should You Go? We both really liked it - the owner/manager (not sure) was really friendly and talked to us a great deal of the time we waited. They do a heavy take-out business with most of it being call-ahead. They also have a good selection of sandwiches and cakes! We were encouraged to come back and try the gyros. Happily I saw that the gyro meat was on a spit like a real gyro place - so I definitely will be back for that! Side note: I wouldn't ever plan to eat there - they have 3 tables and it's not really inviting for that.
Also - I think they used to be with Hook Fish & Chicken by some of the signs inside - but now it's BFC (and has been for at least the last year).