My friends at Noodles & Co knew that I've been trying to eat healthier and they wanted to help me out by letting me try something from their healthy menu. They even have everything online to let you know which options have 500 calories or less!
Did you know that Noodles can cater also? They now have Square Bowls that feed 4 people - grab some for your next office lunch or family dinner!
And for you - I have 2 free bowls from Noodles & Co - be sure to enter the giveaway at the bottom of this post. But first - the folks at Noodles wanted to share one of their healthy recipes with you! Check out their special Coconut Curried Vegetables with Shrimp!
Coconut Curried Vegetables with Shrimp
For the noodles
1 lb rice noodles (from your favorite Asian market)
1 cup broccoli (cut into florets)
1 cup carrots (julienne cut)
½ cup scallions (cut on the bias)
½ cup red peppers (julienne cut)
1 cup fresh sliced mushrooms
1 T fresh ginger (peeled & chopped)
1 T Thai curry paste (red or green)
1 T canola oil
1 can coconut milk (from your favorite Asian market)
1 T sweet soy sauce (from your favorite Asian market)
½ cup sweet Chile sauce (from your favorite Asian market)
1 t black sesame seeds (from your favorite Asian market)
24 shrimp (16-20 peeled & de-veined)
- Soak noodles in lukewarm water for 30 minutes. Drain and cool in ice water. Drain, let rest & toss with oil.
- Blanch broccoli & carrots in boiling water for 1 minute. Drain, cool down in ice water, drain and set aside.
- Place large sauté pan over high heat. Add canola oil and sautéed mushrooms until lightly golden.
- Add shrimp, coconut milk and Thai curry paste.
- Add carrots, broccoli, peppers, scallions, ginger, sweet Chile sauce, sweet soy, and noodles to pan in that order. Toss once or twice to coat all ingredients well with sauce.
- Place on platter and sprinkle with black sesame seeds.