I've been digging into eMeals.com meal planning service on a regular basis - on the weekend - I check out the recipes and pick out 2-3 that seem easy and simple enough for a busy weeknight dinner. I came across Beefy Baked Nachos and knew I had one to try.
Spread a can of refried beans in a baking dish...
Top with ground beef & onion mixture...I threw in a half-packet of taco seasoning I had as well...
Cover with taco sauce - I like Ortega - I think it has a great almost sweet flavor.
Top with cheese...
And bake! I even popped the broiler on for a few minutes...
The fur kids were ready for dinner to be ready!
I just ended up eating it with chips like this - and some sour cream. We didn't have a tomato and Larry doesn't like onion. All in all - this was fine - it would be good for a party but I'd have less time on the broiler - the cheese was hard to cut with just a fork. I didn't love this one but it was simple and lasted a few days for lunches and snacks.
Beefy Baked Nachos
prep 15 m
cook 30 m
* 1 1/4 lb extra lean ground beef
* 1 onion, chopped
* 16 oz can fat free refried beans
* 4 oz can chopped green chiles
* 7 oz pkg shredded 2% cheddar cheese
* 8 oz jar taco sauce
* 1 cup fat free sour cream
* 1 tomato, chopped
* 3 green onions, chopped
* 1 bag baked tortilla chips
1. cook ground beef & onion in large skillet over medium heat until beef is browned & crumbly; drain
2. preheat oven to 400; spray a 2 qt baking dish w nonstick cooking spray
3. layer beans, beef mixture, chiles, cheese and taco sauce in pan
4. bake for 25-30 min or until heated through
5. top with sour cream, chopped tomato and green onions
6. serve with baked tortilla chips