I founds some Cod on sale at Kroger and decided to cook it up - but then just couldn't figure out how to cook it! I've made cod before - it's a fairly thick fish and I have baked it before - but it just doesn't get done enough! So - I headed to Pinterest for some ideas on how to make cod.
Frisch's Tartar sauce and went to town!
This fish was perfect - a great way to cook a thick piece of fish like cod. My husband was really surprised by my cooking on this one! He liked it a lot! (ye of little faith)
Quick & Easy Fried Fish
* 2-3 filets of a thick white fish (I used cod)
* 1/4 cup milk
* 1/3 cup seasoned breadcrumbs
* 2 tablespoons fish seasoning
* 1/4 cup peanut oil
1. Heat oil in a non-stick skillet
2. While oil is heating, pour milk into a small plate
3. Mix breadcrumbs & seasoning in another small plate
4. Dip fish filet into milk - then into breadcrumbs
5. When the oil is glossy/shimmery - lay the fish into the pan very delicately. If it doesn't sizzle right away - don't put it all the way in and let the oil heat a little more.
6. Let the fish fry for 4-6 minutes - fight the urge to mess with it - let it get a nice crispy crust
7. Use tongs to loosen and flip the fish - cook another 4-6 minutes (depending on the thickness of your fish)