Last week I shared this amazing recipe for homemade Honey Mustard dressing - it was so simple and delicious. The best part was that you could customize it to your taste buds.
First I had to find a brisket - the only small brisket I could find was one for Corned Beef. I asked the meat guy filling the case if this was the same as the other (5 pound) briskets except just had the seasoning for corned beef and he said yes. So, I bought one of those pre-packaged (1.5 pound) Corned Beef Briskets and just pitched the seasonings.
The recipe said to brown the brisket before putting in the crock pot. I've seen this in numerous other recipes but never done it. Luckily - I picked up this dutch oven at an estate sale last year - so I just popped it in while I was getting ready for work!
Then into the crock pot with my pre-made honey mustard dressing for a full day of simmering.
Crock Pot Honey Mustard Brisket
(from Little Kitchie.com)
(Side note: This versio of the recipe is cut in half for 2 people.)
1.5 pound brisket
salt & pepper
1 cup beef broth
2 tablespoons Worcestershire
1 cup homemade honey mustard dressing
1. Heat oil in a dutch oven over medium heat. Salt & pepper the brisket all over. Lay the brisket fat side down and sear for 5 minutes, flip and sear 5 minutes more.
2. Put a liner in your crockpot (I'll never go without these!) and transfer the brisket from the dutch oven to the crockpot.
3. Pour beef broth & Worcestershire over the brisket. Then add the honey mustard on top.
4. Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours.
5. Remove brisket and let rest while you're prepping the rest of your meal (5-20 minutes) and then shred with a couple of forks.