In the never-ending search for quick and easy recipes - I came across one for Philly Cheesesteak Stuffed Peppers. Sounded like a sure-fire winner so I went for it.
Saute your onion & mushroom together in a skillet...
Stuff your peppers...
Philly Cheese Stuffed Peppers
4 peppers - any color, cleaned
1/4 pound rare roast beef deli meat
2 Tablespoons butter
1 onion, diced
8 oz. mushrooms, sliced
1 teaspoon diced garlic
2 Tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
1/2 cup shredded cheese
1. Preheat oven to 400. Heat butter in a skillet. Once melted, saute mushrooms, onions and garlic for 4-5 minutes until tender.
2. While the vegetables are cooking, cut the tops off of the peppers and clean out the insides.
3. In a large bowl, stir roast beef, sauteed vegetables, Worcestershire sauce and shredded cheese.
4. Fill peppers with the roast beef mixture and place in a baking dish you've sprayed with cooking spray.
5. Bake at 400 for 25 minutes.