Before the holidays, we had a cookie exchange at work. I had never participated in one - but the team educated me on the process. (If you want tips on running a Cookie Exchange - there's a cheap Kindle e-book for 99 cents that I came across.)
We all brought 2 dozen cookies - no store bought - and then did a round robin on the kitchen bar. A few people printed out recipes - but mainly it was just a chocolatey free-for-all!
The tough part was the chocolate - it melts really well - but the balls aren't really solid enough to dip. I recommend putting the cake balls in the fridge for 15 minutes to harden a little before dipping. Also - make sure your chocolate is right out of the microwave so it's at it's runniest.
- 1 package Oreos
- 1 block cream cheese, softened
- 1 package semi-sweet chocolate chips
1. Place Oreos in a ziploc bag and beat/break/crumble to the consistency of dirt
2. Mix the softened cream cheese with the Oreos
3. Roll the Oreo mixture into 1" balls
4. Refrigerate Oreo balls for 15 minutes
5. Melt chocolate chips in microwave - about 90 seconds
6. Remove balls from fridge and roll in melted chocolate
7. Set back in fridge for an hour to set