I'm always looking for more easy slow cooker recipes - chicken and mushrooms are perfect for a weeknight dinner and this Slow Cooker Angel Chicken is a great meal - it's quick and easy - and I know you'll love it!
In the crockpot, you put the mushrooms on the bottom - then add the frozen chicken on top.
Then you pour the melted sauce over the frozen chicken and mushrooms.
rice cooker. It was good - I think that next time I would use as many mushrooms as recommended in the recipe (I just didn't have that many at the time) and I would double the sauce - it was a bit skimpy.
Larry just saw me typing this up and said, "Oh that was good!" - that's a victory for me!
Slow Cooker Angel Chicken (adapted from luvabargain.com)
* 3-4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
* 8 oz fresh mushrooms, sliced
* 8 oz fresh shiitake mushrooms, sliced
* 2 tsp butter
* 1 can cream of mushroom soup
* 1 pkg Italian salad dressing dry mix
* 4 oz cream cheese
* 1 cup chicken broth
* Place all mushrooms in the bottom of the slow cooker
* Place chicken breasts (frozen is fine) on top of the mushrooms
* Melt butter in a sauce pan
* Add the mushroom soup, Italian dressing mix, cream cheese and chicken broth. Stir until everything is blended and melted into a sauce
* Pour the sauce over the chicken
* Cook on high for 4-6 hours or low for 8-10 hours
* Serve over rice or noodles