It's a great day of touring working farms all over Boone County and it's free! You just go at your own pace - visit the farms you want - and enjoy! I would recommend going hungry - we go to the Campbell County Farm Tour every year (July 19 - mark your calendar) and there is some GREAT fresh food to be had!
Here's the brochure for tomorrow - print this off and gear up! Here's a great planning list for the farm tour:
- There's no admission charge - but bring cash for food, veggies and whatever else you might want to purchase!
- Dress for a farm visit! There will be dirt, mud, stinky animals and lots of fun! #nohighheels
- Follow instructions. These farmers know their animals - if they say don't touch - don't touch. They're opening their homes & farms to us.
- Wash your hands after petting the animals. (duh)
- Don't bring your own pets. Nobody wants a dog to get scared by or to scare a big ol' horse!
- Most farms have restrooms - so no worries. :-)
Here's a link to my visit on the 2011 Campbell County tour - it will give you an idea of the fun time we had! And remember if you can't make it to Boone County tomorrow - Campbell is July 19 and Kenton is Sept 20. I plan on hitting the trifecta! :-)