You know all those Tasty videos that have bombarded our Facebook feeds - well every once in a while - they look pretty darned good - right? One of those that caught my eye was the lasagna roll ups. So I decided to try them out for myself.
I spread a thick layer of ricotta onto one of the cooked lasagna noodles...
Then topped with spinach leaves...
Then I rolled it up! Super simple!
As I finished each, I set them on top of the sauce in my baking dish.
Then I topped with cheese...
and more cheese. I love cheese. I need cheese. I hate when people skimp on it - JUST GIVE IT TO ME DAMMIT! Ok - maybe I just need a piece of cheese now...I get the shakes from not having it if you couldn't tell.
This was a really quick to put together meal and we both enjoyed it. The other thing I like is how flexible it is - add sausage or vegetables or whatever you want - keep it simple - make it complex - swap the sauce - whatever you want!
recipes I want to try - it's like my own cookbook of just what I want!
Easy Veggie Lasagna Rollups
* Lasagna Noodles
* Ricotta Cheese
* Handful of spinach leaves
* Italian seasoning
* Spaghetti Sauce
* Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
(I left the numbers off because it depends on how large your family is - we ate 1-2 each.)
* Boil lasagna noodles
* Lay out all ingredients for assembly: noodles, ricotta, spinach & Italian seasoning
* Spray baking dish with non-stick spray and preheat oven to 350
* Pour 1/3 cup spaghetti sauce in the bottom of dish
* Lay out one noodle and spread ricotta cheese on the noodle
* Sprinkle Italian seasoning
* Lay out spinach leaves on top of ricotta & seasoning
* Loosely roll noodle
* Place roll up on top of the sauce in the baking dish
* Repeat for all noodles
* Top with cheese, sauce and more cheese
* Bake at 350 for 20 minutes - then on broil for 2-3 minutes until top is bubbly and browning