This post and my appearance on Fox 19 were sponsored by Sara Lee Bread. All opinions are my own.
It's National Grilled Cheese Month and today is National Grilled Cheese Day! I'm excited to appear on Fox 19 this morning to share a couple of grilled cheese ideas with my friends at Fox. You see there are two kinds of grilled cheesers: Traditionalists and Adventurous!
For the traditionalists I'll be making a nice normal grilled cheese with just butter and American cheese. (The most popular cheeses for grilled cheese are American and Cheddar.)
TIP: Always use shredded cheese - it melts quicker and then your bread won't get overdone!
Top with more cheese! (Duh!)
Adventurous Grilled Cheese!
- Sara Lee Artesano Bread
- 4 oz Fresh Mozzarella Cheese, shredded
- Softened butter
- Leftover Roasted Asparagus
- Roma tomato, thinly sliced
- Balsamic Vinegar
- Sea Salt
- Preheat cast iron skillet on medium
- Butter one side of each slice of Sara Lee Artesano bread
- Place butter side down in heated skillet (no additional butter needed)
- Top with 1/2 shredded mozzarella
- Lay roasted asparagus and thin tomato slices on top of cheese
- Sprinkle with balsamic vinegar and sea salt
- Add more cheese
- Add other slice of bread
- Heat additional 2-3 minutes until golden brown
- Flip and press LIGHTLY
- Heat additional 2-3 minutes