This post is sponsored by IKEA but all opinions are my own.
Obviously I love IKEA and they're having a fun Easter celebration coming up tomorrow night - plus they shared a great salmon avocado salad recipe with me that I had to make for a cozy night in with the hubs.
responsibly farmed. Look at it - looks perfect - right?!
And don't forget - tomorrow IKEA is celebrating the Easter holiday with its annual Swedish Påskbord. Join them Friday April 7 for an all-you-can-eat Smörgåsbord buffet. Tickets are available for only $16.99 per person / $4.99 for kids 12 and under, or at a discounted rate for IKEA FAMILY members ($12.99 per person / $2.99 for kids 12 and under). (You can also get them at the store tomorrow night! Dinner plans - DONE!)
Poppig series - so if you want to recreate it - you can start there.
YUM - right?!
I also put together a super simple vinaigrette for it - with balsamic vinegar, olive oil, lime juice, salt & pepper. I put poured a little bit together - just enough for Larry and I - and then wisk wisk wisk and done. You can use whatever you have in your fridge but I have to say - throwing that together quick was really light, fresh and tasty!
Helpful Links - Here's the full list of IKEA products you'll see in the photos above:
Salmon and Avocado Salad
Ingredients & Supplies
- 500g LAX FILÉ Salmon Fillet
- 2 avocados
- Approx. 5.25 oz. haricots verts (or green beans)
- Mixed green salad
- 1 lime
- Olive oil
- Black pepper
- Chili powder
- Bring 1 quart of lightly salted water to boil. Boil the haricots verts for 2 min., then keep under running water until cool.
- Heat a frying pan or grill pan.
- Season the defrosted salmon fillets with salt, black pepper, paprika and chili.
- Grill each side of the salmon fillets for approx. 1 minute, high heat. Leave to cool.
- Turn the beans with the green salad in a bowl and add olive oil, salt and black pepper. Squeeze half a lime in the bowl. Distribute the contents of the bowl on 4 plates and add pieces of the equivalent of half an avocado to each plate.
- Cut salmon fillets into smaller pieces and distribute on the salad on each plate and serve.
- Top with your favorite salad dressing or mix together olive oil, balsamic vinegar, fresh lime juice & zest, salt & pepper and you've got a great little vinaigrette!