It’s really simple – cook some rice in one pan, then cook up ground round, onion and a bunch of spices in another (I threw in some frozen red peppers we had as well). Mix in tomatoes, black beans and the rice.
Voila – Mexican Skillet Chicken. This was delicious! I did top with a little sour cream when I ate at home – but didn’t bother when I was heading to work. This is definitely one we’ll make again.
Mexican Skillet Casserole
- 2 teaspoons canola oil $
- 1 3/4 cups chopped onion $
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 pound ground round $
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 3/4 cups hot cooked long-grain white rice
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can petite-cut diced tomatoes with jalapeños $
- 1 (15-ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 ounces shredded reduced-fat sharp cheddar cheese (about 1/2 cup) $