The one thing I thought I’d have to skip in the recipe was the ranch – because most ranch are made with mayo/eggs (spousal allergy) – but by chance – I had purchased one without eggs! Yay for Cucumber Ranch!
It doesn’t even take much cheese – I think with a slight alteration (more veggies, ranch or cheese, no bacon) I could make this now that I’m on Weight Watchers. Also – the chicken was extremely juicy!!!
This was such an easy recipe and could be modified in so many ways based on likes and dislikes in a household. You could even make each packet different – the chicken is the base and then mix it up based on who likes what (mushrooms for me – broccoli for hubby).
Cheesy Broccoli Chicken Foil Packs
1 package Stuffing mix; chicken flavor
1 1/4 cups Water
4 Boneless skinless chicken breast halves
4 cups Broccoli Florets
1 cups Shredded cheddar cheese
4 slices Cooked bacon; crumbled
4 tbsp Ranch dressing divided
– Oven to 400
– Spray 4 large sheets of heavy-duty foil with oil.
– Combine stuffing mix and water.
– Spoon 1/4 of the stuffing mixture onto the center of each foil sheet.
– Top stuffing with a 6oz. chicken breast half.
– Top chicken with 1 c. broccoli.
– Sprinkle with 1/4 of the cheese and 1 slice of bacon, crumbled.
– Drizzle with 1 T. ranch dressing
– Bring up foil sides and fold to seal, leaving room for heat circulation inside
– Place packets on a cookie sheet and bake 35-40 mins (depends on the size of your chicken breasts)
– Remove packets and let stand 5 mins
– Cut slits in foil for steam before opening.