I also like being a little unconventional with my dinner – and I was out of hamburger buns – so I grabbed the Thomas’ English Muffins and went to town!
Remember – when you split an English muffin – use a fork or your fingers – that way you don’t lose out on any of those delicious nooks and crannies.
I marinated chicken tenders for a few hours in Sunny’s Korean teriyaki marinade & sauce – they sent me some of their sauce to try. Who knew? It’s a little Korean restaurant in Indiana!
After marinating the chicken – I popped it on the grill – these were tenders so the don’t take as long. Once the chicken was up to 160 degrees – I took it off the grill and let it rest. Then I took thinly sliced pineapple and dipped it in the marinade quick and then onto the hot grill. I also put the English muffins on the grill – who needs a toaster when the grill is hot?!
Then I put it all together – a little spring greens, a little mayo (you could even mix a little teriyaki into the mayo!) and you’ve got a sandwich! The pineapple really sets off the sandwich and I loved using an English muffin because it held together so well and all that delicious marinade worked it’s way into the Nooks and Crannies! Yum!
I will definitely be enjoying chicken teriyaki on the grill all summer long!
Grilled Chicken Teriyaki Sandwiches
* Teriyaki Marinade & Sauce
* Chicken Tenders
* Thinly sliced pineapple
* English Muffins
– Marinate your chicken in the teriyaki marinade for a few hours
– Grill chicken tenders for 5-7 minutes total – until 165 degrees
– Take chicken off heat and let rest
– Dip pineapple in teriyaki sauce
– Place pineapple slices and English muffins on the grill – you might use a grill safe mat for the pineapple if it’s thin – heat on both sides of each until heated through
– In a separate small bowl – stir a little mayo (1/4 cup) with a little teriyaki (1 tsp)
– Make your sandwich! English muffin, chicken tender, pineapple, greens, teriyaki mayo!