This post is sponsored by IKEA but all opinions are my own.
Obviously I love IKEA and they’re having a fun Easter celebration coming up tomorrow night – plus they shared a great salmon avocado salad recipe with me that I had to make for a cozy night in with the hubs.
I had just gotten new place settings for the house and I thought it was a great time to give them a whirl! They have these super cute candle holders – in bright pink of course – as well as serving dishes, glasses, etc. – of course everything I needed.
You know they have salmon in their food market – right? It’s frozen and packaged individually – they sell them in 4-packs and it’s very high quality and responsibly farmed. Look at it – looks perfect – right?!
We don’t sit at the table enough – most of the time it’s on the couch watching TV – but having a fun place setting, candles and flowers actually makes the table much more inviting. Plus – it gives me and Larry a chance to connect after a long day at work.
And of course – with IKEA there’s something for every style – and my style is bright and happy with LOTS of color!!!! I can never have enough color!!!
I actually mixed and matched different design series for the final look but a lot of it came from the Poppig series – so if you want to recreate it – you can start there.
The salad was super easy – it was mixed greens topped with blanched green beans – which actually I had never done. It was really easy – you just boil water and add the green beans for just a couple of minutes – then drain them and run cold water over them so they don’t keep cooking. (Side note: the recipe calls for haricot verts – I couldn’t find them so I just used green beans. HV are basically skinny green beans.)
For the salmon – I added seasonings to it and then seared it on each side for a couple of minutes – then served it up with the green beans, avocado and some fresh lime to squeeze on top!
It looked so good and I was definitely ready to dig in – it’s also simple and it went together quickly. The best part was that the salmon only had to cook for a few minutes – which is what I need after a long day at work. DINNER. FAST.
- 500g LAX FILÉ Salmon Fillet
- 2 avocados
- Approx. 5.25 oz. haricots verts (or green beans)
- Mixed green salad
- 1 lime
- Olive oil
- Black pepper
- Chili powder
- Bring 1 quart of lightly salted water to boil. Boil the haricots verts for 2 min., then keep under running water until cool.
- Heat a frying pan or grill pan.
- Season the defrosted salmon fillets with salt, black pepper, paprika and chili.
- Grill each side of the salmon fillets for approx. 1 minute, high heat. Leave to cool.
- Turn the beans with the green salad in a bowl and add olive oil, salt and black pepper. Squeeze half a lime in the bowl. Distribute the contents of the bowl on 4 plates and add pieces of the equivalent of half an avocado to each plate.
- Cut salmon fillets into smaller pieces and distribute on the salad on each plate and serve.
- Top with your favorite salad dressing or mix together olive oil, balsamic vinegar, fresh lime juice & zest, salt & pepper and you’ve got a great little vinaigrette!