So I was excited to find out that a new “Chipotle- style” Bi Bim Bop restaurant was opening in Clifton and I was invited to their soft opening! My hubby and I got to try out dinner for free at BiBiBop Asian Grill.
My friend Audrey had told me it was one of her favorite places at OSU – so there were high expectations.
As I said – “Chipotle-style” – so you walk down the line and tell them what you want. I stuck with a fairly traditional choice selection – but here’s the run down of what you can choose from:
- Starter: Bowl – Salad – Roll
- Starter: Purple wild rice – Fluffy white rice
- Base: Bean Sprouts – Sauteed Potato – Black Beans
- Protein: Chicken – Spicy Chicken – Steak – Tofu
- Sauces: Sriracha – Yum Yum – Teriyaki – Korean Red Paste
- Toppings: Cucumber – Daikon – Scrambled Egg – Carrot – Romaine – Corn – Cheese
- Extras: Edamame – Kimchi – Miso Soup
I chose: bowl – purple rice – potato – chicken – yum yum – Korean red – cucumber – carrot – egg – corn
Why Should You Go? Well – it was fine – but I didn’t love it. The chicken was dry and I thought some of the toppings to choose from were weird and too “fake Chipotle”. Audrey still says she loves it – which prompted me to say I need to take her to Sunny Deli.
I do appreciate the free bowl from Bibibop – while I didn’t love it – it was great to be able to come in and try it. The staff was friendly and it’s a great space.