I’m really trying to save money and one of the biggest money-wasters for me is eating out at lunch. When I started my new job – it just became a habit and I was out probably 4 days a week! That was just too expensive so I’m transitioning to eating lunch at work.
While I like to cook and bring leftovers – life right now is a little insane – so I’ve been in frozen meal land – which isn’t so bad. I’m also a couponer – so I try and get deals whenever possible.
With all of this – I’ve decided to review the lunches – and hopefully find out from you what your favorites are so I can try those! We all know – some are awful and some are pretty damn tasty!
- Flavor – as usual with frozen meals – it was screaming for salt! Other than that – it tasted fairly close to what their regular packaged red beans & rice tastes like.
- Meat – The chicken tastes like chicken – sometimes frozen meals have a funkity funk texture – this one was really good on that front.
- Time – directions say 3 minutes but needs 3:30-4, some parts were cold
- Cooking – The cheese sticks to the sides a bit but doesn’t get hard and inedible at all.
- Cost – $3.69 and I had coupon for 50 cents off/2 that doubled to $1 off – so $3.19 each
- Nutrition – 430 calories, 12 grams fat
- Allergens – milk, wheat
- Fullness Factor – as usual I need a side item to really feel full. I usually bring fruit or a snack. But it didn’t leave me starving – so that’s pretty good!