I love boneless skinless chicken thighs – I buy a pack every week at the store and then come up with new ways to use them. Today – it’s BBQ Chicken Flatbread.
I came across Bellisari’s sauce at our local meat market in Milford and decided to try some and loved it! You can find Bellisari’s at specialty markets on their store finder. They have a variety of sauces & spreads:
– Saigon Street Sauce
– Barista Sauce
– Calabrian Pepper & Sweet Tomato Fennel Spread
– Balsamic, Shallot & Black Garlic Spread
– Blistered Jalapeno & Fig Spread
– Blue Cheese, Honey & Shallot Spread
With sauces and spreads like these, sometimes it’s hard to figure out how to use them – but luckily their site has lots of recipes for them. The Barista and Saigon Street Sauces are also great to use in burgers – you mix them in with the hamburger or you can baste the burger while it’s grilling with the sauce – either way – you’re gonna love it!
I decided to use the Barista sauce for the flatbread. I found this recipe on their site but tweaked it just a bit! This recipe is so simple! I got ready-made flatbread at the store – and then topped it with a few spoonfuls of the Barista sauce. If you like it saucy – put it on thick!
Then I topped it the sauteed, diced chicken thighs, sauteed mushrooms and red onion slices. The recipe called for grilled corn on the cob – but I had just finished up the corn I had the night before – so I thought mushrooms would be a good swap. I got them fresh from the farm market nearby.
After that – you top it with your favorite shredded cheese – I went with a blend of mozzarella & provolone and bake it for 12-14 minutes. Boom – dinner done!
The Bellisari’s Barista sauce is thick and rich – it’s like a BBQ sauce but more complex with a kick of black pepper, red chili’s and a touch of coffee! It goes great with the chicken thighs. I gobbled this flat bread up so fast! It’s a great dinner and it comes together super quickly and I like that I can switch it up with other ingredients based on what’s in the fridge or my mood.
BARISTA BBQ CHICKEN FLATBREAD
- 1 Ready Made Flatbread
- 1/4 Cup + 2 Tbsp of Bellisari’s Barista Sauce
- 1 Cup Cooked, Diced Chicken Thigh (about 2 small thighs)
- 1/2 Cup Shredded Mozzarella & Provolone Cheese
- 1/2 Small Red Onion, thinly sliced
- 4-5 button mushrooms, sliced
- Preheat oven to 400
- While the oven preheats, saute chicken thighs and mushrooms in olive oil
- Once chicken and mushrooms are cooked, let cool and dice chicken
- Lay parchment paper on cookie sheet and place flatbread on parchment
- Toss diced chicken in 2 tablespoons Barista sauce
- Top flatbread with chicken, mushrooms, red onion and cheese
- Bake for 12 minutes