This week – I came across a recipe for a Crock Pot Honey Mustard Brisket using that dressing! Color me excited! I’m always looking for new crock pot recipes that are actually good and this one seemed to be worth a try. Sometimes I don’t like the texture of the meat out of the crock pot – so I was hopeful on this one.
When I got home – the house smelled delicious! I pulled the brisket out and used a couple of forks to pull it apart. Then I poured the sauce that was left in the crock pot into a measuring cup to use as gravy.
This brisket was DELICIOUS and tender and juicy. I have to say – it tasted even better as leftovers. I had extra mashed potatoes as well and took it to work the next day. This is definitely going in the “make again” column! I hope you enjoy it too!
Crock Pot Honey Mustard Brisket
(from Little Kitchie.com)
(Side note: This versio of the recipe is cut in half for 2 people.)
1.5 pound brisket
salt & pepper
1 cup beef broth
2 tablespoons Worcestershire
1 cup homemade honey mustard dressing
1. Heat oil in a dutch oven over medium heat. Salt & pepper the brisket all over. Lay the brisket fat side down and sear for 5 minutes, flip and sear 5 minutes more.
2. Put a liner in your crockpot (I’ll never go without these!) and transfer the brisket from the dutch oven to the crockpot.
3. Pour beef broth & Worcestershire over the brisket. Then add the honey mustard on top.
4. Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours.
5. Remove brisket and let rest while you’re prepping the rest of your meal (5-20 minutes) and then shred with a couple of forks.