My lasagna was a Leftover Lasagna – I didn’t feel like going to the grocery – so I made do with what I had! Sometimes you just gotta clean out the cupboards – right?!
The great thing about this is you can really use whatever is in your fridge! Have some extra veggies (mushrooms, spinach, zucchini) – out of ricotta? You can use cottage cheese!
I don’t have a really deep dish – and there are only two of us – so I just did a couple of layers. I also used the noodles that don’t need to be cooked ahead of time. Looks good right?
When you’re using those no-cook noodles – it’s key to make sure that all pieces of the noodles are covered with tomatoes/juice – that way they’ll cook in the oven.
Forty-five minutes later – voila – thick, bubbly lasagna! This was delicious and was great for lunch the next day too. I put the rest in the freezer – it takes a while for two people to eat a dish of lasagna! Here’s the recipe:
* 28 oz can of Red Gold Crushed Tomatoes
* 14 oz can of Red Gold Diced Italian Tomatoes
* 8 oz can of Red Gold Tomato Sauce
* 1 lb hamburger
* 4-6 sheets of no-bake lasagna noodles
* 8-15 oz ricotta cheese
* 2-3 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
* Preheat oven to 350 degrees
* Brown ground beef and drain
* In bowl, mix together tomatoes and sauce
* Spray 8×8 baking dish with non-stick spray
* Layer in the dish: sauce, noodles, ricotta, mozzarella, ground beef
* Create another layer and top with sauce and mozzarella
* Bake for 45 minutes at 350.
* Let set for 10 minutes before cutting
Around The Web