I got these really beautiful carrots and knew what I was going to do! Roasted vegetables! It’s just when you have such beautiful veggies – it’s a shame to not make something beautiful out of them!
Roasting veggies is so simple – you cut up all your veggies into like-sized pieces. You want them all about the same size so they cook evenly. Spread them out on a pan and preheat the oven to 425. I then drizzle olive oil and balsamic vinegar on the veggies – toss them a bit – then drizzle again. Sprinkle with coarse sea salt and you’r ready to go!
I had some chicken breast left over – so I grabbed a saute pan quick and sliced the chicken and heated it up in a touch of olive oil. I could have microwaved but the stove made it feel fresh-cooked. Then I piled on some roasted veggies and went to town. The veggies were great and they were juicy enough with the olive oil & balsamic vinegar that you didn’t need anything else with them.
- Chopped Vegetables – Peppers, onions, asparagus, green beans, carrots, broccoli, mushrooms, brussel sprouts, etc.
- Olive Oil
- Balsamic Vinegar
- Sea Salt
- Chop vegetables all to a like-sized bite size
- Preheat oven to 425
- Spread vegetables on shallow baking pan
- Drizzle veggies lightly with oil, vinegar and salt
- Stir the veggies to coat all sides
- Drizzle again with oil, vinegar and salt
- Bake for 20 minutes or until fork tender
Thanks to Farmbox Direct for the free box. All opinions in this blog are my own.