Melt butter in a sauce pan. Then you add cream of mushroom soup, Italian dressing mix, cream cheese and chicken broth. Stir until it’s all blended and melted into a sauce.
Cook it for 4-6 hours on high (or 8-10 on low) – remove the chicken and shred it – then add it back to the mushroom sauce.
You can serve this over rice or egg noodles – I chose rice because Larry’s a big fan and cooked that up in my rice cooker. It was good – I think that next time I would use as many mushrooms as recommended in the recipe (I just didn’t have that many at the time) and I would double the sauce – it was a bit skimpy.
Larry just saw me typing this up and said, “Oh that was good!” – that’s a victory for me!
Slow Cooker Angel Chicken (adapted from luvabargain.com)
* 3-4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
* 8 oz fresh mushrooms, sliced
* 8 oz fresh shiitake mushrooms, sliced
* 2 tsp butter
* 1 can cream of mushroom soup
* 1 pkg Italian salad dressing dry mix
* 4 oz cream cheese
* 1 cup chicken broth
* Place all mushrooms in the bottom of the slow cooker
* Place chicken breasts (frozen is fine) on top of the mushrooms
* Melt butter in a sauce pan
* Add the mushroom soup, Italian dressing mix, cream cheese and chicken broth. Stir until everything is blended and melted into a sauce
* Pour the sauce over the chicken
* Cook on high for 4-6 hours or low for 8-10 hours
* Serve over rice or noodles
Around The Web