I found a great recipe online for a spice rub on salmon and put that together – it has cumin, paprika, onion powder and chili powder. I thought that would be really tasty – a little spicy – and then have a sweet potato with it – that’s Larry’s other favorite. I think he could eat sweet potatoes every night!
You could grill or bake the salmon. I have a grill pan and decided to go that route. I put it on top of the two gas burners on my stove. I grilled it for probably 3-4 minutes on each side.
Spicy Grilled Salmon
1.5 lb salmon
1 T Olive Oil
1 tsp salt
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp paprika
1 tsp onion powder
1/2 tsp chili poweder
1 tps black pepper
1. Mix spices together in a bowl.
2. Slice your salmon into filet-sized pieces.
3. In a baking dish, coat the salmon with with olive oil. Then rub the spice rub on both sides of the salmon (if it has no skin – if it has skin – just the non-skin side). Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
4. Heat your grill pan and spray with non-stick spray.
5. Grill salmon for 3-4 minutes per side to desired doneness.
You can then top with your favorite sauce – like my avocado aioli – or just have it plain. Larry’s convinced that topping it with brown sugar would be great too!
Salmon inspired by TheCookieRookie.com.