It's Monday and you know what - it already sucks. So if yours is sucking too - here's an EASY recipe that you can make tonight and then at least your Tuesday will be awesome!!!
It was a really easy recipe - powdered sugar, cocoa, egg whites, vanilla and chocolate chips. It's a tough stir though. The recipe called for 3 large egg whites - my eggs were small and after 3 - it was still a powdery mess. I decided to try for a 4th egg white and magic happened! Suddenly it became this thick, gloppy, ooey gooey texture! It was like the slime from "You Can't Do That On Television".
After glopping the dough onto the parchment paper - it didn't look too appetizing - but I had gone this far - might as well bake them!
Here's the finished product...they better taste good.
I have to say - this might have been the best cookie I've ever eaten. It is EXTREMELY rich - like the chocolate factor is OVERLOAD!!!!! But they're moist and chewy and just really damn good.
Also - a few notes as far as the recipe goes:
* they call for fancy cocoa - I used plain old Toll House cocoa (yeah - Toll House makes cocoa now and it comes in a plastic tub - very convenient for sealing it back up)
* they call for espresso powder - couldn't find that at Kroger, didn't use
* they call for fancy gluten-free vanilla extract - isn't all vanilla extract gluten-free? If not, oops.
* I did add the chocolate chips - I used Nestle Toll House dark chocolate since it's what I had.
* I also threw in some peanut butter chips because they were left over - really good addition as well.
Flourless Fudge Cookies