How to Make Olive Garden Stuffed Shells
My mom used to make stuffed manicotti when I was a kid – and it’s pretty much the same technique. You cook your pasta – jumbo shells in this case – a little al dente (underdone). Then you gently take a mixture of cheeses (ricotta, mozzarella, provolone and Parmesan) and stuff the pasta. You can use either a spoon but sometimes it’s just easier to use your hands. Be gentle so the pasta doesn’t split open.
Olive Garden Stuffed Shells Nutrition Info
Seriously? If you have to ask…you really don’t want to know. It’s got a lot of cheese…bhahaha!
These giant stuffed shells are so delicious though – they’re worth it! I love that it has alfredo and marinara – cheesy and fresh! I went a little semi-homemade with this and made my alfredo but used pre-made marinara.
What to serve with Olive Garden Jumbo Stuffed Shells
And don’t miss out on my latest Olive Garden Copycat! Their new Oven Baked Pasta Chicken Alfredo Tortelloni!
Copycat Olive Garden Giant Stuffed Shells
- 6 tbsp butter
- 1 tsp garlic minced
- 3/4 cup half and half
- 1 cup Parmesan grated
- 1/4 cup mozzarella/provolone mix shredded
- Preheat oven to 400
- Cook shells 12 min (package said 9 but I felt like they needed longer)
- In a bowl, mix ricotta, mozzarella/provolone, Parmesan basil, oregano and garlic. Stir well.
- Rinse pasta with cool water
- Spray 8×8 pan with nonstick spray (I love this Rachael Ray baking dish)
- Add 1 cup marinara to bottom of pan
- Stuff shells with 2 tbsp filling per shell – use small spoon or hands
- Place each shell on top of the marinara
- Cover with aluminum foil and Bake at 400 for 20 min
- In skillet, melt 1 Tbsp butter – add breadcrumbs – stir until toasty brown 1-2 min – spoon into a small bowl and set aside.
- When 5 minutes left on shells – In same skillet melt 6 Tbsp butter
- Add garlic and saute for 1 minute
- Slowly stir in half and half and both cheeses
- Stir together until all cheese are melted and sauce is smooth
- Remove shells from oven
- Spoon alfredo sauce over top and around shells
- Add a little more marinara on top
- Sprinkle bread crumbs and any extra Parmesan cheese on top
- Broil on high for 2-3 min until cheese browns slightly