Yum! Casey’s General Store is known for their tasty breakfast pizzas. Now you can make a copycat version of Casey’s Breakfast Pizza with this recipe.
I’m from Iowa and in Iowa – Casey’s Breakfast Pizza is GOLD!! It’s what you do every weekend – you stop at Casey’s before you go to the game, before you go hunting, before you go boating, before you do ANYTHING – you get breakfast pizza at Casey’s!!
You can get your breakfast pizza with sausage gravy or nacho cheese – and then yummy toppings like breakfast sausage, savory bacon or veggies! Plus they have different types of cheese on top too! It’s legendary and delicious! Take it out of the oven and dig in to all that gooey melted cheese!
If you need a review of Casey’s sausage gravy breakfast pizza – here you go – it’s awesome!!! All of their pizza is so good! You might not expect it from a little gas station – but their specialty is donuts and pizza. Yum! All homemade! (That photo is an authentic slice from Marion, Iowa!)
Did you know that 1/3 of the nation’s pork is grown in Iowa? I know – I live in Cincinnati now – and we call ourselves “Porkopolis” – but who we kiddin? That’s Iowa baby!!! Corn, beans and pigs. It’s how we do!
What’s on Casey’s iconic Breakfast Pizza?
If you check out the breakfast menu at Casey’s – you’ll see they have 3 kinds of breakfast pizza with different flavors to choose from:
- veggies (peppers & onions)
For the pizza “sauce”, you can choose either sausage gravy or cheese sauce.
Then you pile on your toppings:
- scrambled eggs
- bacon – when making this at home, undercook the bacon a little because it will cook more in the oven
- veggies like peppers and onions
- mozzarella and cheddar cheese
At Casey’s you can call in and order a whole breakfast pizza – but most of the time – you just go in and grab a piece because it’s already made. Yummy!
I like making it at home because I can customize every aspect of my pizza – whether I want cheese or gravy, sausage or bacon, veggies or none – it’s all what I want!
How to make breakfast pizza with eggs?
This recipe for breakfast pizza is super easy and doesn’t take much time.
- First, I use a premade pizza dough crust – it’s just too easy not to – and this recipe is about the toppings!
- Then you prep your toppings: scrambled eggs, bacon and sausage. (I bake my scrambled eggs in the oven or air fryer.)
- For the sauce, you can use either sausage gravy or cheese sauce – I tried both and they’re both delicious.
- I made a bacon pizza with sausage gravy and a sausage pizza with cheese sauce – so good!
- After you top the dough with your sauce – layer the toppings on your crust.
- After your pizzas are topped, bake them in the oven or air fryer until the cheese melts!
How can I tell if my sausage is cooked enough?
A lot of folks question – when is pork done?! If you’re cooking ground pork or sausage crumbles – it should be 160 degrees – but most other cuts are done at 145 degrees! Here’s an easy to check chart for cooking temps for pork!
This is my sausage and scrambled egg breakfast pizza! Looks good – right? My bestie sent me the photo of the Casey’s pizza to make sure mine looked just right – I think I did a pretty good job!
And while this recipe is born in Iowa, I’ve been to pork farms here in Ohio! I love going for visits – I learned so much from Uncle Squeals and I get to see piglets. Come on – that’s too cute!
Can I make breakfast pizza the night before?
Sure! Because you’re mainly just putting these items together – you can definitely make it the night before. If you’re using a premade crust – it’s not going to absorb the sauce. If you’re making from scratch dough, you’ll probably want to have the dough separate until ready to bake.
Recipes to use for your Breakfast Pizza
- Simple Sausage Gravy from Scratch – this is a great sauce for the pizza!
- Baked Scrambled Eggs – easy way to make the eggs for your pizza!
- Flourless Cheese Sauce – so cheesy and creamy!
Other Delicious Breakfast Recipes
What to serve with Breakfast Pizza
Casey’s Breakfast Pizza
- 2 individual pizza crusts
- 1/2 cup nacho cheese sauce
- 1/2 cup sausage gravy
- 4 large eggs scrambled
- 1/3 lb pork sausage browned
- 2-3 slices bacon cooked and chopped
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese grated
- 1 cup cheddar cheese grated
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees
- Brush pizza crust with olive oil
- On one crust, cover with sausage gravy and top with bacon, 1/2 eggs, 1/2 mozzarella and 1/2 cheddar
- On the other crust, cover with cheese sauce, sausage, 1/2 eggs, 1/2 mozzarella and 1/2 cheddar
- Bake at 450 for 8 minutes
- Broil on low for 4 minutes until top starts to brown
- AIR FRYER TIMING: Air fry at 450 degrees for 5 minutes
- Slice & serve
Leave a Reply