Cheesy Sausage Potato Skillet on my "recipes I want to try" board. Larry isn't a fan of sausage so I decided to mix it up and use chicken.
First - you spend an hour dicing your butt off. What's in there? Chicken, red potatoes, orange pepper, onion and olive oil.
BW3 Chipotle BBQ seasoning, then when it was just about done I poured on some Famous Dave's BBQ Sauce.
How did it turn out? Well - pretty darned good! Since I diced the chicken before cooking it - the chicken was a bit dry. It would have been better with sausage - but if half the family won't eat it - then chicken will do. I might try marinating the chicken first next time. Everything else was great - and I have to say - when I took leftovers to work the next day - I took mostly potatoes - they were divine! The nice thing about this recipe is you can really customize it to what you have and what you like - so go for it!
Cheesy Chicken & Potato Skillet (inspired by From Cupcakes to Caviar)
- 1 lb chicken breast, diced into bite-sized pieces
- 4 red potatoes, diced into bite-sized pieces
- 1 pepper, diced (I like orange)
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 tablespoons BBQ/Chipotle seasoning mix
- 1/4 cup your favorite bbq sauce
- 1 cup shredded CoJack cheese
- Over medium heat, cook everything diced (chicken, potatoes, pepper & onion). (Feel free to add what you like - mushrooms would be good).
- While that's cooking, sprinkle with your seasoning mix. Stir often but leave it cook enough to get the chicken browned. (Takes 20 minutes to cook the potatoes.)
- Add the BBQ sauce and stir, cook a few more minutes.
- Top with shredded cheese - turn off the heat and let the cheese get melty and gooey!