What should I make today with my wonderful juicer? Citrus Marinated Flank Steak sounds good!
Whisk the juice and zest from oranges & limes plus olive oil, garlic, chili powder, cumin and salt.
Marinate for a couple of hours...
Then onto the grill pan (or grill) you go! I had to cut mine in half because the flank was long.
For a visual & more info - click here.)
Citrus Marinated Flank Steak
- The juice & zest of 1 orange
- The juice & zest of 2 limes
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 pound flank steak
- With a small, sharp paring knife score the steak on both sides.
- Combine the orange juice, lime juice, olive oil, garlic, chili powder, cumin and salt in the bowl of a food processor or blender; puree until smooth. Place the steak in a large, resealable plastic bag and pour the marinade over it. Press out the air, seal the bag and marinate at room temperature for at least 2 hours.
- Prepare the coals on the grill until they are glowing red with a white ash around them. Drain and discard the marinade and place the steak 4 inches over the coals; sear quickly, about 3 to 4 minutes on each side.
- Move the steak away from the direct heat, cover the grill and continue to cook until the internal temperature reaches 135 F, about 7 to 10 minutes longer. Remove the steak from the grill and allow to rest for 10 minutes before slicing and serving.
Adapted from BakedInTheSouth.com