This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Turkey Hill Dairy. All opinions are my own.
I love ice cream - who doesn't? Shockingly to me - there's one person that loves it more than I do - my husband! He's like a kid and can kill a pint in one sitting. That said - with his egg allergy - we're often having to get cheaper brands so he can eat it. But - I finally found something rich and creamy - with simple ingredients - that we can BOTH enjoy!
I had just had a fruit & vegetable delivery and there was a container of blueberries and I thought that was a good start.
Boil - boil - boil - just a few minutes changes it from orange juice to...
Rich - Thick - Blueberry - Magic! (You add a little cornstarch/water mix too - that helps the magic.)
The funny thing is I had a whole day of creating recipes and cooking for my blog. I made shredded pork, cilantro rice, pickled beets and a spring green salad. I was exhausted!!!! I saved this recipe for last because I thought - after 4 hours in the kitchen - I'm going to need a treat!!! And I did - I was sweating, I was tired, the dogs were drooling all over
In between bowls of Turkey Hill All Natural Gelato - I've been using the blueberry sauce on pancakes too - so good!
You can find Turkey Hill on Facebook and Twitter. All Natural Gelato is available at select retailers wherever Turkey Hill products are sold. I found them locally at Kroger.
- 3/4 cup fresh blueberries, rinsed- if using fresh blueberries
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Place blueberries, orange juice, and lemon juice in small pan. Cook it, stirring occasionally, in medium heat. Let it come to a boil.
- In the mean time, mix cornstarch with 1 tablespoon water in a small bowl.
- Slowly stir in the cornstarch into the pan. Let it simmer for 5 minutes or until it is thick enough to coat the back of a wooden spoon.
- Take it off the heat and stir in the vanilla.
- Store it in an airtight jar in the fridge.