A while back I was sent a little bundle of goodness from Murray's Cheese. They sent cheese and some recipes - one of them caught my eye right off the bat - Creamy Parmesan Reggiano Penne Pasta - cheese, pasta and mushrooms - yes!
They sent me a great packet with some Parmesan Reggiano to sample!
Creamy Parmigiano Reggiano Mushroom Pasta from Murray's Cheese
* 1 lb pasta
* 1 cup mushrooms, sliced
* 1 T chopped garlic
* 1/2 tsp oregano
* 2 T fresh parsley, chopped
* 1 T EVOO
* 1 cup diced onion
* 1 lb Parmigiano Reggiano, shredded
* 3 cups chicken broth
* 1/2 stick butter
* 1/4 cup heavy cream
1. Bring a large pot of water to boil and cook pasta according to package directions. Strain.
2. Cook onions and garlic in olive oil in a sauce pan over medium heat. Cook until onions become tender.
3. Add mushrooms and oregano to the pan and cook thoroughly.
4. Add butter and 1 cup of chicken broth. Simmer for a few minutes.
5. Add chicken broth and simmer over medium high heat. Whisk in heavy cream.
6. Remove from heat and whisk in Parmigiano until creamy and smooth.
7. Todd pasta with sauce and sprinkle with parsley and cheese.