So like a lot of other folks on the planet right now - I'm addicted to Pinterest! I'm finding quite a few good recipes as well as some new Food Hussy readers!
One of the recipes that has taken Pinterest by storm is the Bird's Nest Breakfast Cups - there are a few recipes out there - but I found one from The Little Birdie Blog.
Bird's Nest Breakfast Cups
1 24 oz. bag of shredded hash browns
2 tsp salt
1 tsp pepper
2 tbs oil (I use olive oil)
1/3 cup shredded cheddar
Bacon bits or 8=10 pieces of cooked bacon, crumbled
Extra shredded cheddar
- Take your bag of hash browns and mix in the salt, pepper, oil and 1/3 cup shredded cheese.
- Divide amongst the cups in your muffin tin, making sure to grease tin beforehand.
- Bake hash browns at 425 degrees for 15-18 minutes or until toasty.
- Once they're finished, take them out and lower the temp of the oven to 350 degrees.
- Crack an egg into each of the cups
- Top with bacon and a sprinkle of extra cheese
- Bake at 350 degrees for 13-16 minutes (or until the eggs are as firm as you like them).
- Slide a knife along the edges to remove from pan when cooled.
Food Hussy Notes:
- I will scramble the eggs next time - I broke them like she recommended and they came out sort of like hardboiled eggs - which isn't a bad thing - but I want to see if I can get them a little fluffier.
- I added salsa before baking and it was a really fantastic addition - it added a little juiciness and lots of flavor!
- Have fun - add what you like and/or what you have in the fridge!