With this new meal plan - I've been trying a variety of meals from the low-fat plan and really liked this Orange Teriyaki Beef Noodle Bowl:
I bought the pre-cut stir fry beef because it was actually cheaper than the whole round steak!
I made sure to BARELY cook the beef - I hate when it's overcooked!
After removing the beef, you cook the vegetables, broth and sauces...
The spaghetti cooks in the broth...
And then it's done! This recipe was so incredibly simple - but how did it taste?
Orange Teriyaki Beef Noodle Bowl
Prep: 5 minutes
Cook: 15 minutes
1 lb. thin cut round steak, thinly sliced
16 oz pkg frozen vegetables, stir-fry mix
2.5 cups beef broth
1/4 cup teriyaki sauce
2 T orange marmalade
1 T soy sauce
3 cups uncooked angel hair pasta, broken into 2-inch pieces
1. Spray a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray; heat over medium-high heat
2. Add beef and cook until browned, remove from pan
3. Add stir-fry mix, broth, teriyaki sauce, marmalade and soy sauce to pan
4. Bring to a boil; add pasta, reduce heat and cook 4 minutes or until pasta is tender
5. Return beef to mixture; cook until thoroughly heated