We really like rice - it's so simple and easy - especially since we got our Lekue Rice Cooker. What goes good with rice? Chicken Teriyaki! I have bought bottled teriyaki before but decided to make my own this time. The ingredients are pretty basic!
While that is heating up - shred your chicken.
Then mix the chicken into the sauce and you're ready to go!
Crock Pot Chicken Teriyaki
* 1-2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs
* 1/2 cup sugar
* 1/8 cup soy sauce
* 3 Tablespoons apple cider vinegar
* 1/2 tsp ground ginger
* 1 tsp minced garlic
* 1/8 tsp pepper
* 2 tsp corn starch
* 2 tsp cold water
* cold rice
* Place chicken in crockpot on low
* Combine sugar, soy sauce, vinegar, ginger, garlic and pepper. Wisk and pour over chicken.
* Cook on low for 4-5 hours until chicken is tender. Remove chicken and set aside.
* Place liquid into a pan and bring to a boil. While heating, shred chicken.
* Combine cornstarch & water and stir into pan of liquid until it is thick.
* Add chicken to sauce and mix well.
* Serve over rice.
Inspiration recipe here.