I have done it - I'm now a sandwich lover! I don't know what it is - the thought of making myself a sandwich for a meal just seemed silly. Sandwiches are made at Firehouse Subs (and oh are they!) - not my house! But then I made one for a Boar's Head contest and realized I can make a badass Firehouse Subs-worthy sandwich in my own kitchen!
This sandwich was DELICIOUS!! I devoured this - the bread was crispy on the outside, soft on the inside - the salami & pepperoni had a nice bite - the tomato and avocado added juicy & creamy - I could go on and on - but this sandwich was the bomb-diggity. I can honestly say - it tasted as good as it looked!
* Kroger French Take & Bake Bread
* 1/4 lb salami
* 1/4 lb pepperoni
* 1/4 lb ham
* 1/4 lb provolone
* 2-4 slices bacon
* tomato, thinly sliced
* avocado, thinly sliced
* Captain Sorenson's Datil Pepper sauce
* Olive Oil
* Balsamic Vinegar
* Slice and pre-bake bread according to package directions
* Fry bacon and then drain on paper towels
* Pile on the toppings - I start with meat on the bottom - then tomato, bacon, cheese so the cheese melts on top of it all. Put top on bread lightly.
* Bake for 7 minutes
* Remove from oven. Add avocado, sauce, mayo.
* Smush down a little - cut in half and ENJOY!