I love cooking around the holidays but hate all the leftovers! After Thanksgiving we were eating turkey for days! I like ham & turkey in their "holiday" form but I also like to take them and make them into something totally different! That's what I'm doing this time with leftover ham! Thanks to Minute® Rice for sponsoring this post and helping me come up with this great recipe!
First - what's in the cupboard? I always have Minute® Rice on hand. Larry is ADDICTED to rice and it cooks up so quickly - I can make it as a side any time - no matter how tired I am or late I got off work. I had their White Rice variety on hand but want to find their new Minute® Rice Multi-Grain Medley - it has quinoa, long grain brown rice, Thai red rice and wild rice and cooks in only 10 minutes! That would be great for stir fry recipes or just to use chicken broth instead of water and serve with chicken! They also have a Brown Rice variety as well.
Second - what's in the fridge? I actually had some leftover ham that needed to be used and some pineapple in the cupboard. That reminded me of a recipe I made before for Shrimp Fried Rice. If we liked that - we'd like Ham & Pineapple Fried Rice - right?! Sold!
Ham & Pineapple Fried Rice
- 1½ cups uncooked Minute® Rice
- 1½ cups water
- 1 TBS oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 bell pepper, diced into bite-sized pieces
- 1 cup ham, diced into bite-sized pieces
- 1 cup pineapple tidbits
- 2 limes, juiced
- 1 Tbs fish sauce
- 1 Tbs soy sauce
- Prepare Minute® Rice according to package directions
- Heat oil in wok/stir-fry pan
- Add garlic and cook for 1 minute
- Add pepper and saute for 2-3 minutes
- Add ham and saute for 2 minutes
- Add pineapple and lime juice and saute for 2 minutes
- Add rice, fish & soy sauces stir and saute 3-5 minutes more until rice starts to get browned
If you're looking for other quick recipes - check out the Minute® Rice site for over 400 quick serve recipes! They have everything from breads to desserts and everything in between!
Disclosure: This post sponsored by Minute® Rice but all opinions are my own.