I absolutely love any excuse to hang out with my friends at Local 12! They asked me to come and make a treat for Valentine's Day and I was happy to!
KitchenAid food chopper/processor today - super cute - right?! I've been wanting one lately and I thought $40 wasn't too bad.
Oreo Cake Balls - I really like the filling and don't even need the chocolate on the outside. So I went with one sleeve of cookies to 1/3 block of cream cheese.
I definitely think that pudding + Cool Whip is going to be my go-to snack from now on! It is so tasty and even better when it's pink!
So whether you choose Golden Dirt
or Traditional Dirt - these parfaits will be a big hit for Valentine's Day!
Dirt Cake Parfaits
- 4 oz cream cheese bar, softened
- 1 - 8 oz. container of cool whip
- 1 box instant vanilla pudding mix
- 2 cups milk
- 3 sleeves of Oreos
- Red food coloring
- Extra Oreos for garnish
- Sprinkles for garnish
- Mix 2 cups milk with Instant Pudding Mix and let sit for five minutes to thicken.
- Blend Oreos in food processor until pulverized. You can also use a rolling pin with the cookies in a gallon ziploc.
- Now that pudding is thick, add tub of Cool Whip and fold together. Set aside in the refrigerator.
- Mix 1/2 oreos with 4 oz cream cheese (1/2 block) - this is now the "thick dirt".
- Remove the pudding mixture from the refrigerator and place in a ziploc bag. Drop in red food coloring and mix until the desired shade is ready. Snip off the corner of your bag and use as a piping bag.
- Place a few tablespoons of the thick dirt in your cup or small jar. Add some of the colored pudding mixture from the piping bag. Then layer some of the plain Oreos (no cream cheese) and then another layer of pudding. Top off with sprinkles.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.