Can you air fry ham?
Yes! Smithfield Anytime Favorites Quarter Ham is pre-cooked so all you have to do is reheat and the air fryer is perfect for that! I made a foil “bowl” in my air fryer basket and loaded it with ham, pineapple, Brussels sprouts and sweet potatoes. Air fry at a lower heat for 30 minutes and you’re good to go! I did start the veggies & potatoes a little early because they take longer than the ham.
It was so easy to air fry this sliced quarter ham because the Smithfield Anytime Favorites are ready-to-eat so I just had to heat it up. I did fancy it up a bit by giving it a Hasselback treatment – you know those fun Hasselback potatoes where they put fun stuff between each slice of potato? Well I did that with the Smithfield Ham! I put pineapple and brown sugar between each slice! Yum!
The thing I like about Smithfield Anytime Favorites are that they’re pre-cooked and ready to eat or heat up in things like this great air fryer ham dinner or even things like omelettes, pizzas and more. Plus they come in a variety of cuts like this Quarter Ham as well as diced, cubed and ham steaks!
And – if you’re wondering – you can find Smithfield Anytime Favorites in the packaged meat section of the store (you know – near where the bacon is!!).
I added sweet potato and Brussels sprouts to this air fryer ham to round out the meal – but you can always grab some of my other super simple holiday side dishes! Some of my favorites are fresh creamed corn – omg – so much better than canned and I also love these cheesy bacon pullaparts – they are rolls but better!! And you can’t have a holiday meal without my Mom’s secret ingredient pumpkin pie!
Air Fryer Hasselback Ham for Friendsgiving
- 1-2 sweet potatoes, peeled and diced to 1” cubes
- 8 oz Brussels sprouts, halved
- Balsamic vinegar
- Soy Sauce
- 1 Smithfield® Anytime Favorites® Maple Quarter Boneless Sliced Ham
- 1/2 pineapple, sliced THIN
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 8 oz apple juice
How to cook Air Fryer Hasselback Ham for Friendsgiving
- Create “bowl” of aluminum foil in basket of air fryer and poke a few holes in the bottom and around the sides
- Place diced sweet potatoes and Brussels sprouts in bottom of foil bowl
- Sprinkle with Balsamic vinegar and soy sauce
- Air Fry at 320 for 10 minutes
- Remove basket and move potatoes & sprouts around edges leaving a space in the center of the foil bowl.
- Place Smithfield Anytime Favorites Sliced Ham in the center of the foil bowl. Depending on size of air fryer, you may not be able to have entire ham in basket.
- Place thinly sliced pineapple slices between every 1-2 slices of Smithfield Ham
- Spoon brown sugar (and any remaining pineapple juice) over top of ham & pineapple
- Air fry at 325 for 15 minutes
- Open air fryer and pour apple juice into the bottom of the air fryer to keep the ham juicy
- Drizzle a little soy sauce around the sides over the Brussels sprouts and sweet potatoes
- Make a square of aluminum foil and cover ham with foil and tuck into sides
- Air fry at 325 for additional 15 minutes