Here’s the funny thing – Plantains are from the banana family – and I HATE bananas – but I like plantain chips likes this. Plantains are starchier and lower in sugar than bananas and also not as mushy. (it’s a texture thing – love banana flavor but you cannot pay me to eat a banana!!!).
How do you make air fryer plantain chips?
How do you make a quick guacamole?
My air fryer is used almost daily and I’ve got lots of great vegetable side dishes that you can make in it. My favorite are these Jalapeno Cheddar Avocado Fries – spicy and delicious! Air fryer zucchini fries are great too – so crispy! I even made stuffed mushrooms in the air fryer – juicy and cheesy yum!
And don’t forget to join my Facebook group with great air fryer recipes every Friday!
Air Fryer Plantains
- 2 plantains
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp Tropical Sazon
- 1 tbsp coarse sea salt
- 1 avocado
- 1/4 cup pico de gallo
- 1 tsp coarse sea salt
- 1 lime juice
- Peel the plantains and cut into thick slices and add to a bowl.2 plantains
- Gently mix in the oil, salt and Sazon Tropical until plantains are coated on both sides.1 tbsp olive oil, 1 tbsp Tropical Sazon, 1 tbsp coarse sea salt
- Lay the plantain slices in the air fryer basket in a single layer.
- Air fry at 350 for 6 mins
- While plantains are in the air fryer, make guacamole!
- Scoop out avocado into bowl and mash1 avocado
- Add pico, sea salt and lime juice and mash1/4 cup pico de gallo, 1 tsp coarse sea salt, 1 lime
- Set guacamole in refrigerator while plantains finish cooking
- Remove plantains from air fryer to a cutting board and smash with bottom of a glass
- Return to the air fryer, flipped, and cook for 6 more minutes
- Serve warm with my quick guacamole!
Leave a Reply