How to make avocado fries in the air fryer
It could not be easier! You slice up an avocado into wedges and then you get your breading set up. I used Hooter’s Wing Breading (but you could easily use flour) – then eggs & hot sauce – then panko bread crumbs. I like the hot sauce – it doesn’t make them overly spicy but just adds a little zip to them! After breading – then spritz with olive oil and into the air fryer for 8 minutes!
What to dip avocado fries in?
You can dip your avocado fries in any sort of dip you like – ranch or salsa would be great! I made my own creamy jalapeno dip. I added the recipe below – it’s really easy.
These avocado fries would also be great in tacos!! If you’re looking for a fun vegetarian taco – you could use these instead of meat – or in addition!
Are avocado fries good?
Uh – yeah! They’re delicious! I have to say – these air fryer avocado fries were much better than the ones I had in the restaurant! And be sure you spray them with olive oil – if you don’t have an olive oil sprayer – just use a little non-stick cooking spray. This really gets them crispy and you’re still using so much less oil than traditional frying!
What are other great air fryer appetizer recipes?
– Air Fryer Bacon Wrapped Jalapeno Popper Shrimp
– Air Fryer Pimento Cheese Wontons
– Air Fryer Wonton Mozzarella Sticks
You can find all of them in my Air Fryer Recipes section or in my Air Fryer Facebook group!
Air Fryer Spicy Avocado Fries
- 1 cup Hooters wing breading (you could use regular flour as well)
- 2 eggs
- 2 Tbsp Franks Red Hot Sauce
- 1 cup Panko bread crumbs
- 1 tbsp coarse sea salt
- 1/2 lime
- 1 avocado
- olive oil spray
- 1/3 c. sour cream
- Juice of 1/2 lime
- 1 Tbsp pickled jalapeno juice (just the juice from a jar of pickled jalapenos)
- 1/4 tsp. paprika
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
How to cook Air Fryer Spicy Avocado Fries
- Slice avocado in half, remove pit and then slice each half into 4 wedges
- Place wing breading on a plate and panko crumbs on another plate.
- In a bowl beat eggs and add Franks Red Hot Sauce – the more you add, the spicier it will be – leave it out if you don’t want to add any spice
- Coat avocado in wing breading
- Transfer with fork to egg mixture and toss in egg and be sure to roll it around multiple times to coat all breading flour
- Transfer with fork to panko and coat all sides with panko
- Place wedges in air fryer and spritz with olive oil spray (or non-stick cooking spray)
- Air fry at 400 for 4 minutes
- Flip all wedges and air fry for additional 4 minutes
- Place wedges in bowl and squeeze juice from half lime over wedges and sprinkle with coarse sea salt.
- Serve with dipping sauce (or spicy ranch!)
- mix together all ingredients for creamy jalapeño sauce (or just use your favorite dressing like a spicy ranch)
– You can leave out the hot sauce if you don’t want to have any spice
– You can use any sort of ranch dressing for the dip as well if you don’t want to make one – or even salsa!
– You can swap with regular breadcrumbs but I think Panko are much crunchier
Leave a Reply