Air Fryer Stuffed Tomatoes are an easy dish you can have as a fancy appetizer or a main dish for any night. They go together quick and are filling and delicious!
How do you make stuffed tomatoes in an air fryer?
Can you make stuffed tomatoes ahead of time?
Can you freeze stuffed tomatoes?
You could freeze the filling but I wouldn’t freeze the tomatoes.
What to serve with Air Fryer Stuffed Tomatoes?
Air Fryer Stuffed Tomatoes
- 4 large tomatoes or 6-8 medium – campari tomatoes are good because of equal size
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 yellow onion minced
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1/2 lb sweet Italian sausage if links, remove casings
- 1/4 cup fresh basil chopped
- 3/4 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese grated
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese grated
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 4 large tomatoes
- Scoop out insides of tomatoes and sprinkle insides light with salt to pull out water1 tsp salt
- Place tomatoes upside-down on a paper towel and let drain while you make the filling
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium-high heat. Add onion and garlic and sauté until fragrant, 1 to 2 minutes.1 tbsp olive oil, 1/4 yellow onion, 1 tsp minced garlic
- Add sausage, breaking it up with a wooden spoon, and cook until browned and cooked through, 8 minutes.1/2 lb sweet Italian sausage
- Stir in fresh basil, panko, mozzarella, and Parmesan.1/4 cup fresh basil, 3/4 cup panko bread crumbs, 1 cup mozzarella cheese, 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- Place tomatoes in air fryer and season insides with salt and pepper.1/2 tsp pepper, 1/2 tsp salt
- Stuff tomatoes with sausage mixture (filling will shrink as you cook, so be sure to mound tops until they look like they’re overflowing)
- Air fry at 350 for 10 minutes until cheese is melting and tops are golden