How long do you bake pork chops in the oven?
Breaded baked pork chops are great because you can cook them at a lower temperature and do little things like brining the meat and basting with mayonnaise to hold the moisture in.
Why should you brine pork chops?
Breaded Oven Baked Pork Chops
- 2 pork chops – boneless or bone-in – whichever you like
- 1/4 cup table salt
- 1 quart water
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/2 cup Ritz Shake ’N Bake Garlic Butter Cracker Crumbs (or breadcrumbs or panko)
- The cracker crumbs did not get super crunchy – they did add a ton of flavor! If you want super crunch – I would use panko.
How to cook Breaded Oven Baked Pork Chops
- Brine chops: Dissolve ¼ cup table salt in 1 quart water in a medium-sized container. Place the chops in the brining solution, cover and refrigerate 30 minutes. Rinse the chops under cold water and pat dry with paper towels before proceeding.
- Set oven to 350°F.
- Spray a wire rack with non-stick spray and set it on a foil-lined, rimmed baking sheet. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together mayonnaise and Dijon mustard
- Place ¼ cup flour in a shallow dish (just larger than one pork chop).
- Place the cracker crumbs in another shallow bowl.
- Using tongs, coat one pork chop in flour and shake off the excess.
- Baste both sides of the pork chop with a thin coating of the mayonnaise/mustard
- Gently press the chop, on all sides, in the crumb mixture being sure a thick layer of crumbs adheres.
- Transfer the breaded chop to the prepared wire rack and repeat with the remaining pork chops.
- Bake 12 minutes.
- Flip chops and bake 12 minutes or until a meat thermometer inserted into the center of the chops registers 145°F.
- 145°F – blush of pink, 155°F – no pink
- Remove from the oven and let rest 5 minutes before serving.