What are Sausage Balls?
You may not see the cheese but I promise it’s there. A lot of recipes for sausage balls use Bisquick – these have a fun starter ingredient – Red Lobster Cheddar Bay Biscuit Mix! That gets a ton of flavor in one ingredient – and yet you’re making a whole new dish!
Can sausage balls be made ahead? Can sausage balls be frozen?
Can these Red Lobster Cheesy Garlic sausage balls be served at room temperature?
What kind of dip do you serve with sausage balls?
Can you air fry sausage balls?
What to serve with Red Lobster Sausage Balls?
Cheesy Garlic Sausage Balls
- 1 11 oz box of Red Lobster Cheddar Bay biscuit mix
- 2 tsps old bay garlic & herb seasoning
- 1lb sausage (hot,mild, any flavor will work)
- 3 cups of shredded cheddar cheese
- 3/4 cup of cold buttermilk
- 1/4 cup milk
- 3 Tbsp mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons honey mustard or spicy mustard
How to cook Cheesy Garlic Sausage Balls
- Preheat oven to 400, mix dry biscuit mix with the packet of seasoning that comes with the mix and shredded cheese with a fork.
- Using your hands, break up the sausage into the dry mix, then add buttermilk and milk. Mix everything together – IT’S MESSY!
- Drop 1-2 inch balls onto a baking sheet sprayed with cooking spray bake 20 minutes or until lightly Brown.
- OR air fry at 400 – 13 min
- While the sausage balls are cooking – mix together your honey mustard & mayo and refrigerate until ready. It’s a perfect dipping sauce!