This recipe has you cook the beef and set it aside – then cook the veggies. It said to marinate the meat then cook the meat but save the marinade for the sauce. I think maybe I had more meat than the recipe called for because there really wasn’t any marinade leftover – it was all attached to the meat though – so it still made it as a sauce.
Then you mix it all together and serve over rice – DELICIOUS!
Beef and Broccoli Bowl
- Yield: Serves 4 (serving size: 1 cup stir-fry and about 1/2 cup rice)
- 1/4 cup lower-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon hoisin sauce
- 1 (12-ounce) boneless sirloin steak, cut into thin strips
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1 cup vertically sliced red onion
- 1 cup chopped carrot
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 teaspoons dark sesame oil
- 1/3 cup sliced green onions