I like to think of it as crock pot rotisserie chicken without the rotisserie! I recently worked with Perdue Farms and got a whole bundle of products and one of them was this Sonoma Farms chicken. I knew as soon as I got it – I was making my rotisserie chicken recipe!
What spices should you use when roasting a chicken?
Can you cook a whole chicken in a crock pot?
How long do you cook a whole chicken in a crock pot?
What can you make with roasted chicken?
Whole Chicken in a Crock Pot
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 large roasting chicken
- 1 cup chopped onion
How to cook Whole Chicken in a Crock Pot
- In a small bowl, combine the spices.
- Remove any giblets from chicken and clean chicken.
- Rub spice mixture onto the chicken.
- Stuff onion in the chicken.
- Put chicken in crock pot. No liquid is needed, the chicken will make its own juices.
- Cook on low 4-8 hours.
Did you make this recipe?