Another great recipe to share from eMeals.com – the online meal planning service! For just $35 you get weekly meal plans emailed to you as well as showing up in your phone. They come with a numbered grocery list and everything! We’re signed up for the Family – Low Fat plan. So these recipes as written serve 4-6 – as usual I cut it back somewhat since there’s just 2 of us.
This was for Pizza Spaghetti Casserole…
Start with turkey Italian sausage – I found it in links at Kroger and cut the skin open and pulled the sausage out of the skin.
After the sausage is cooked, you crisp up half a package of turkey pepperoni. I used half a small package.
Pour sauce over the pasta – then top with pepperoni – and I added canned mushrooms cuz I love em so much!
It’s not the neatest when you scoop it out of the pan – but it really was tasty! It also was nice to mix it up a bit and have something similar but not exactly plain old spaghetti.
eMeals.com is such a great service and at only $35 for 6 months – it’s really affordable and flexible! You can start as low as three months if you wanna try it out.
16 oz pkg
ground turkey sausage
25 oz jar
tomato basil pasta sauce
turkey pepperoni slices
shredded part-skim mozzarella
- Boil spaghetti in salted water according to package directions
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Place spaghetti in a 13×9 inch baking dish sprayed with cooking spray
- Cook sausage in a large skillet over medium heat until no longer pink
- Drain, and spoon over pasta
- Top with pasta sauce
- Cook pepperoni in a skillet over medium heat for 4 minutes or until slightly crisp; place half of pepperoni over sauce.
- Sprinkle with cheese; top with remaining pepperoni
- Cover baking dish with foil sprayed with cooking spray
- Bake 30 minutes
- Remove foil and bake 10 minutes longer